SAVE THE PLANET - Remote Business Analyst
I'm looking for an experienced Business Analyst with a passion for helping the environment to work within the Logistical Workstream Team for Zero Waste Scotland for a 12 month contract.
The Deposit Return Scheme
The Deposit Return scheme includes the collection of plastic bottles made from PET, aluminium and steel cans and glass bottles throughout all of Scotland. The Deposit Return Scheme infrastructure needs for an effective logistics network across Scotland to collect materials and centralised collection points before then being transported for reprocessing.
We are seeking a BA to provide advice upon the infrastructure needs for an effective logistics network across Scotland. You will be required to:
- Utilise logistics software that can map return locations;
- Calculate the optimum number of bulking points and counting centres using different scenarios;
- Calculate costs associated with each scenario;
- Present several optimum network infrastructure options in order to strike the balance between costs of vehicle movements, bulking points and counting centres.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience working on logistics optimisation programmes
- Experience of working in the Government Sector or in environmental services
- Experience using logistics software
This is a remote role so can be done from anywhere in the UK, although you will be required to travel to meetings at the client's offices in Stirling, Scotland and attend meetings with logistical suppliers and stakeholders, based in Scotland from time to time.
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th July 2019.