Business Systems Engineer - Sheffield - £30-£35k - ERP/SQL/ORACLE - Permanent
I am currently looking for a talented business systems engineer to join a brand new function at my market leading client based in Sheffield. This role will be working closely with the Business Systems Manager to make sure business critical systems are reliable and fit for purpose.
You will play an integral role alongside the IT Service Team to deliver the long and short term goals of the wider business. You will develop, enhance and maintain software applications to support the business processes.
Knowledge and skills
- Degree or related experience in Software Engineering/Business Information Systems or related field.
- Oracle, SQL, MS Access, BusinessObjects, C#, C++, PHP, Java, Visual Basic 6, Lotus Notes.
- Experience of working in WAS7
- Knowledge and skills in using the supported packaged applications, especially middleware such as iHub and ION.
- The department also maintains a number of ERP Experience in a multi-functional business environment.
- Have strong analytical skills to investigate and troubleshoot application software, with high attention to detail, and to understand the business requirements and design systems that will fully satisfy those requirements.
- Experience in identifying underlying issues and trends in technical systems through appropriate interaction with end users.
- Experience in ITIL, Incident, Problem and Change Management and experience in 2nd / 3rd line IT support.
- experience in supporting technology enabled business processes in a high availability, time critical manufacturing environment.
- Have the ability to see the "big picture", understanding how a proposed system will integrate into the overall IT structure and support the business.
- Have excellent software development skills, the ability to develop to software standards.
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and dedicated to achieve the objectives set.
- A clean driving license and willingness to travel
If this role looks like the one for you please get in touch to find out more.