Datacentre & Azure Engineer / Consultant – Nottinghamshire – £55k-£65k – Flexible Working
We have a great oportuity for an Azure Specialist to join a major retail business who are looking to more than double their existing infrastructure team.
You will take responsibility for the architecture, design, and implementation of the solutions used to support a wide range of service used within the business
Day to day you will be responsible for monitoring (with help from their Monitoring Specialist) the handheld management environment(s) and ensuring it is operated securely, and utilised appropriately, managing requests for new services / applications and ensuring appropriate standards and governance is applied. You will also be responsible for:
- Delivering the documentation to allow the support teams to manage the platform ongoing and have the technical expertise to troubleshoot issues
- Helping to develop the Datacentre capability both Private Cloud (On Premise) and Cloud to meet the needs of the applications and services that will depend upon these
- Helping provide the structure and governance that is needed for them to operate successfully
- Designing and building, training and operating technical solutions to ensure that their use is successful, maintaining their security and stability through patching
- Taking responsibility for managing the certificate infrastructure we use to authenticate these devices, ensuring that there are robust management procedures in place to track and manage these assets and control their access to our network
- Working with application vendors and in-house development teams to architect and deliver the solutions on the platforms and help drive the Dev / Ops operating model for leveraging your skills.
- Working with the O365 specialist and Linux Specialist to ensure they are applying the correct security controls to these areas. making best use of the tools available.
Working within a small team of dedicated Systems Specialists you will also have opportunity to learn other technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix as well as Storage and Deployment technologies, and be supported by your colleagues.
Deep technical knowledge of the Azure platform
- ARM Templates and automation, JSON, GitHub, Visual Studio
- Role Based Access Control
- Azure networking fundamentals
- Appreciation of PaaS, IaaS and SaaS services within Azure
- Hyper-V / SCVMM Automation
- Helpful friendly and approachable, able to communicate to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to comprehend business impact of IT and the risks and opportunities associated with change
- Manage and prioritise your workload
- Plan and estimate project durations
- Create clear written documentation
- Deliver training and material to 1st / 2nd Line teams
If this role looks like it is the one for you please apply to discuss further!