I'm looking for an SC cleared Cyber Security Consultant with government experience to provide technical security and assurance support to the Law Enforcement Community Network.
This is an initial 6 month contract extending a further 6 months and the work will take place in Croydon.
- Develop/manage a new Security Risk Assessment strategy, policy and process.
- Perform hands-on gap and risk assessments associated with:
- Applications (Home Office Open Systems and Police-to-Police);
- Data Centres (WAN-NNI);
- Cloud and physical IT infrastructure;
- Vendors, suppliers and other third parties.
- Map controls to policies, standards, procedures and process.
- Review and monitor IT Security controls to identify operational effectiveness.
- Interface with CSOC and IAM teams.
- Interface with security architects, National Information Risk Management, NCSC and other security stakeholders.
- Provide and contribute to risk assessments.
- Maintain broad knowledge of standard methodologies and trends in the field of Information Security.
Essential skill and experience
- Experience implementing or assessing security in a PSN network and cloud-as a service environment.
- Experience of Cyber Assurance assessments.
- Experience of working in a Policing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of security technologies and risk assessment methodologies, policies and processes.
- 4+ years' experience working within the technical arena with 2 plus years of information security work experience.
- Solid technical background in IT systems and networking in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Knowledge &experience of: AWS (or similar) cloud security &infrastructure Web-infrastructure security (Applications &APIs) Network-security tools (IDS/IPS, firewalls etc.) Network-visualization (SD-WAN-Networks, network function virtualisation etc.) Encryption technology & implementation
You must have SC clearance already in place and be able to start on Monday 11h November. This role falls outside IR35.
There is an application to complete for this role - please send your CV for details.