PERM – Data Engineer/BI Developer – Nottingham/Remote – SQL, ETL, Azure, SSIS/SSRS/Power BI – £45-£50k
We’re currently on the lookout for an experienced Data Engineer to join a well known organisation in the Nottingham area. Regardless of their location, you will be working mostly from home, with travel to the office required around once per week perhaps. This organisation are experiencing a period of growth, with lots of exciting projects in the pipeline.
Working in the IT operations team, with a mixture of BAU support and development, you’ll maintain and optimise the Microsoft SQL database environments and implement new solutions as part of project teams.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide third line database support for both on premise and Microsoft Azure.
- Deliver a robust and stable environment which is well maintained.
- Perform auditing, monitoring, capacity management and security patching of database environments.
- Lead the deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of database technologies.
- Maintain documentation and mentor colleagues.
- Research into areas of technical interest.
- Drive operational excellence and maintain SLA to the business.
- As a member of the wider IT Operations Team, when required assist with supporting all areas of infrastructure including servers and networks.
Your skills, knowledge and experience
Practical experience of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server platform deployment, management and maintenance.
- Deployment, configuration and ongoing management of ETL processes.
- End to end diagnosis of software issues and resolution of incidents.
- Development and enhancement of existing data structures and data flows.
- Development and support of Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Data Factory.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and PowerBI).
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Visual Studio, Azure Data Studio and VSCode.
- Appreciation of software development techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of data governance and compliance.
- Version control e.g. Git.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.