I am looking for a Delivery Manager to work with the NHS in London on their 111 online implementation project.
* Plan the transition of 111 online which needs to become a locally managed service
* Provide guidance and consolidated feedback from local areas as well as recommendation in relation to the implementation and testing of future changes to the 111 online product
* Provide recommendation to the product team to surface changes and ensure this additional functionality is safely and effectively implemented at a local level
* Develop tools and collateral to support the implementation of key changes and functionality to 111 online
* Develop, coordinate and execute testing schedules working with local providers and Directory of Service leads.
Essential skills and experience
*Expert knowledge of implementing change at CCG and STP level including a good understanding of NHS structures. Familiarity both with the UEC structures and the individuals.
*Understanding of the Digital Transformation agenda and national policy for Urgent and Emergency Care, specifically Integrated Urgent Care
*Having extensive experience with NHS commissioning or procurement processes, stakeholder relations, and project management.
*Experience related to case management and patient transfer processes
*Demonstrable experience of working within a fast-paced environment, conducting stakeholder management activities while reconciling conflicting information; excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience of producing reports for MDT audiences.
*Excellent planning skills and ability to work with conflicting priorities.
This is a 12 months role, outside IR35 and offers some remote working.
If you possess the desired skills and have NHS experience, please send your CV for immediate consideration.