Desktop Support Manager
We are working with a giant in the Retail sector who truly are shaking up the industry … an incredibly exciting place to be atm.
Our customers IT workshop are responsible for the provision, maintenance, repair and deployment of the majority of operational hardware that supports the day to day running of the business – tills, pin entry devices, till scanners, receipt printers, cash drawers, desktop PCs/Laptops, Apple devices, PC peripherals, walkie-talkies, handheld scanners, mobile phones/tablets, IP phones, and a multitude of other hardware.
The Desktop Support Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient management of all workshop activities. This role is there to underpin the performance of our workshop team by ensuring seamless provision and operation of the technical hardware in our retail stores, warehouse and offices around the world.
The primary target for this role is to ensure maximum up-time for all key hardware across our estate, with the lowest possible delivery times for the provision/repair/replacement of equipment as necessary.
- Maintain and optimize the technical stores to ensure that minimum stock levels are available to minimise equipment downtime and that items are stored efficiently to reduce turnaround times
- Ensuring all workshop stock is effectively managed and catalogued accurately to prevent loss and theft
- Manage the workshop team backlog effectively to ensure the tasks of highest importance are being effectively worked on
- Manage the workshop team backlog effectively
- Provide effective and timely communication with the business on the progress of their requests, including estimated timescales for the completion of requests
- Oversee the performance management of the workshop team
- Ensure returned stock is appropriately catalogued, repaired and/or disposed of
- Stay abreast of emerging technology and hardware, and presenting recommendations to the business for new areas of investment
- Proactively manage the lifecycles of our equipment and replace decaying/expiring hardware as necessary
- Drive all aspects of Health & Safety – ensuring all policies and procedures are communicated, promoted, and always adhered to
- Identify and implement training, as required, to ensure all workshop staff are suitably equipped to carry out their role