Information Manager - Viewpoint - South Yorkshire - Common Data Environments
I am currently seeking to recruit an Information Manager to join the Technology team of an organisation I am working with. This role is both varied and challenging, and will involve working with internal and client document control teams. Initiative and problem solving skills are a must, as are strong interpersonal and communication skills. Possessing experience in implementing document control procedures, setting up, configuring and managing Common Data Environments (CDE) / Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) at an administrator level.
The Technology division is a highly successful and growing business unit, and as a result they are seeking to recruit a high performing individual to enjoy a long term, successful career as they continue to be appointed on some of the UK's most prestigious projects in their field.
- Management and configuration of CDE - Undertake configuration and day to day management of the system, adding and maintaining user accounts and security groups. Respond to ad-hoc requests from users to move or rename any incorrectly uploaded file / document.
- Interface with Project Team and other agreed stakeholders - Act as the main point of contact for all queries and requests relating to the CDE system.
- Provide CDE training and maintain training log - Organise and undertake regular training sessions on the purpose and use of the system for new users and refresher training for existing users. Provide training and guidance of file naming protocols. Create and maintain training logs.
- Provide advanced training - to super users and local administrators, covering advanced user and administrator CDE functionality.
- Maintain Container Configuration & Workflows - Undertake regular checks on file / document links across the system and fix as required. Undertake regular checks of file / document workflows and release / move-on any locked workflows.
- Develop and Maintain User guides - Prepare and update training packs, system user guides and quick reference sheets.
- Manage system compliance and provide compliance reports - Undertake weekly compliance audits with regards to file naming, file storage locations, user access and provide reports to the head of WSO.
- Create new project set ups on CDE - Create new project sites and assign users.
- Support - Provide ad-hoc reports and information on system usage, compliance and assist with adhoc requests relating to user activity.
- Maintain User Directories, IM Protocol and File naming protocol - Update and maintain the user access matrix, IM and File naming protocols to reflect new projects and users of the system.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests relating to document management/CDE - Provide ad-hoc advice and guidance on use of the system and associated user guides and policy documents.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experienced Information Manager with 3+ years IM and/or Consultancy experience.
- Experience of a variety of different projects.
- Administrator level experience using ViewPoint/4P
- User level experience of at least one other CDE / EDMS or similar system.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Well organised and able to manage multiple requirements simultaneously.
- Must be able to manage priorities according to the demands of the project environment.
- Skilled in presenting to groups and delivering training in a variety of mediums.
- Set up and maintenance of workflows within a CDE / EDMS.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the context of Information Management and Document Control.
- Running stakeholder workshops.
- Process capture and mapping.
- Use of advanced optional CDE / EDMS features, e.g. e-procurement.
- Expereince in Asite, Bentley Projectwise or Aconex
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.