Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - £30,000 - £38,000 - Sheffield - Microsoft, O365, Windows Server
Access Consulting are working with a Global Manufacturing organisation who are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer
Do you want to work for a Billion dollar organisation with offices all over there world? Do you want to be part of a company who are looking to revolutionise their industry making it more sustainable and green?
This role would suit someone who is forward thinking and open minded. Someone who will embrace change and different ways of working. This role is not just about technical ability as strong people skills are essential. Building relationships with colleagues across other areas of the business is crucial.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the IT Infrastructure, act as a point of contact and escalation for IT Infrastructure enquiries as required.
- Accountable for supporting the Core Infrastructure Team Lead Engineer in establishing a strategic IT Infrastructure Plan and Roadmap aligned with Business requirements.
- Accountable for problem ticket resolution and service requests within the defined SLA.
- Accountable for supporting the Core Infrastructure Team Lead Engineer for maintaining a Service Improvement Programme (SIP) ensuring that all incidents are investigated and satisfactorily resolved. Work with other departments and teams on problem solving where required, and to completion.
- Working with the Infrastructure Team Lead Engineer, proactively look for improvements to service and/or budget reductions.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective server and storage ecosystem to underpin the delivery of Business applications and operations.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective Active Directory and Windows Infrastructure Service including AD Sites and Services, DNS, DHCP, Single Sign-On, ADFS and other services that may be required to maintain effective Infrastructure services.
- Design, deliver and maintain the IT Infrastructure Managers' Client strategy for the business, including all client devices (Laptops, Desktops, Thin Client) Configuration of software delivery and software delivery systems to create a remote delivery system.
- Design, implement and maintain effective anti-virus and anti-malware environments to protect the Company's' ecosystem including, McAfee EPO, Anti-Spam systems, URL filtering and Malware blocking systems as deemed fit.
- Ensure backups are configured, in-place, have a known Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and a known Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and are running effectively across all business systems that require a backup.
- Take part in the Change Control Boards where appropriate and ensure all changes are effective and minimise downtime for the business.
- Take part in Demand Boards where appropriate ensuring that demand is possible, cost effective, and can be delivered in the required timescales.
- Ensure that all systems (Servers, Storage, Networks etc.) have capacity management and monitoring in place to prevent SLA failures due to overcapacity issues.
- Develop and maintain the Company's managed printing services to provide the business with efficient, cost effective printing solutions.
- Takes part in security and audit actions as required, ensuring compliance with policies and legislation as required from time to time.
- Work with the Core Infrastructure Manager and Service Manager and other teams to identify and report KPI's for introduction into Company reports.
- Work with 3rd Party partners to manage and maintain the ecosystem where required and take part in contract reviews, service reviews and tenders and disputes etc. where required.
To be successful within this role you will ideally have:
- Significant experience of infrastructure support, IT Ecosystems, Network, Storage and Servers.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience in Windows server, VMware, Linux, Unix, SCCM, Client Application packaging, Cloud Technologies, Azure/O365, AWS and SAN Storage
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to communicate through a wide range of media to stakeholders.
- Able to articulate and translate to the business IT requirements and how these can be achieved.
If this role looks like the one for you and you would like to find out more please apply with you cv.