Infrastructure Support Engineer – Work from home – 30/35K
I am looking for Infrastructure Support Engineers to join a growing organisation in Nottingham, You’ll be part of the IT Ops team, working as an engineer maintaining IT platforms and networks including virtualisation, servers, storage, LAN, firewalls, telephony and wireless. You’ll also support the applications and hardware teams and lead the implementation of new solutions as part of a project team.
This role would suit someone looking to further their technical knowledge, who have been very passionate about IT and willing to learn and take a step up to 3rd line and beyond.
You will be working from home, with the odd meeting at the Nottingham Hub when required, so ideally within a commutable distance.
- Experience working as a platform or network engineer.
- Experience of Active Directory, Windows Server, VMWare and Storage.
- Experience using client management/monitoring/patch management tools.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting storage devices.
- An understanding of ITIL.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure quality 2nd/3rd line IT support is delivered as part of the IT Operations team.
- Deliver a robust and stable infrastructure which is well maintained.
- Perform auditing, monitoring, capacity management and security patching of our IT platform and network infrastructure.
- Lead the deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of new platform and network technologies including virtualisation, servers, storage, telephony and wireless.
- Maintain documentation, mentor colleagues and develop team members.
- Research into areas of technical interest.
- Drive operational excellence and maintain SLA to the business.
- Take part in a 24/7 on call rota.
Please drop me your CV for more information.