Jnr Business Intelligence Developer – Herts – SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Data Modelling
We are currently looking for a Junior BI Developer to join an organisation in Hertfordshire. You’ll become part of a growing data and BI team, which will help you to shape and grow as a BI professional. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are looking for someone to become a proactive member of the Application Services team and will assist in the production of high quality, systematic, and accurate products and data services to meet both the demands for new or changed application systems and services.
You will contribute and participate in the Design, Coding, Testing, Defect Resolution and Deployment activities in support of a Project. This role will contribute to the development, optimisation and adherence to the Business Intelligence processes, toolsets and procedures. This role would be ideal for someone who has 1-2 years of experience in data modelling, and is looking to take that next step in their career! The role will involve flexible working, spending some time on-site and some time working remotely.
- Collaborating with the Digital Business Partner and BI Principal to enhance your BI knowledge and data layer for the DWH whilst maintaining a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence.
- Ensuring that all requirements are tested prior to transitioning into live environment.
- Gaining skills in SQL to maintain database views, tables and data integrations in support of reporting requirements.
- Resolving reporting issues and ensuring all reports that are delivered are accurate and to a high quality.
- Gaining knowledge of BI products deployed, including Power BI.
- Gaining skills to understand the Data Warehouse, Integrations, Transformations and the full ETL process.
- Organising and managing own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and manager’s expectations.
- Building and maintaining good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Actively contributing to IS projects as required.
Proven experience of:
- Desire to expand on BI knowledge to include SSRS/SSIS/SSAS
- Understand concepts of relational database theory
- Understand concepts of Data Warehousing
- Understanding of SQL server Management Studio
- Understanding business documentation
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non-technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.