MI Developer / SQL Developer - SQL Server, SSRS/Tableau - Stoke-on-Trent - Permanent Role
I'm currently looking for an MI Developer to work for an industry leading organisation in Stoke-on-Trent.
The MI and Data teams are currently growing, and you'd be a valued addition to this as a Junior MI Developer/Analyst.
Working with the other members of the team, your responsibilities will be:
- Provision of MI, Reporting and Data throughout the business and to external partners.
- Communicate clearly with non-technical stakeholders (ranging from Team Leaders to Project Managers and Directors) to answer any reporting and data queries.
- Ensure Data Quality and Accuracy control, therefore ensuring a single version of the truth view through all MI and Reporting is adhered to. Also ensure strict data governance and development frameworks are followed. This includes the creation and maintenance of appropriate data dictionaries and processes etc.
- Complete and evidence full validation of MI and Reports to the core insurance systems ensuring accuracy.
- Ensure all data developments and processes are robust and secure, with all data protected and documented at all times. All developments must be reviewed and tested for known vulnerabilities, before being deployed into production.
- Ensure optimal performance of data processing platforms, including code optimisation / capacity management etc.
- Work with modern development lifecycle toolsets and methods of delivery, including test automation and "Continuous Delivery" approaches.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on Industry developments & innovations. Encourage, support and coach other team members in their own development
Required skills and experience:
- Experience as a report builder or data analyst using SQL Server (latest versions), SSRS and/or Tableau.
- Commercial and operational awareness of data and its importance within an organisation.
- Experience of working in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Understanding of Cyber / Information / Data Security risks.
- The ability to communicate complex technical and data matters in a non-complex way.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand the business and extract requirements from business stakeholders.
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the proven ability to drive results.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Can work on own initiative, with minimal guidance.
As the successful candidate, you will receive on-going support and development, and the opportunity to work with a variety of managers from all business areas.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.