Mobile Apps Back End Developer
*There is an application to write for this role*
A public sector organisation requires a Back End Developer for design and development of mobile apps. The role will be 6 months and you’ll be based 2 days onsite in Manchester, 3 days from home.
You will be responsible for low-level design and development of REST-APIs to support mobile applications. Responsible for writing Code following best practices: secure, performant, scalable, inline with the Department’s standards and well documented. The developer will be open to code reviews as well as reviewing their peer’s code.
- Must be able to develop REST APIs using NodeJS
- Must be able to develop and consume relational databases using tools such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Must be able to develop and consume NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Quality and Security tested before deployment
- Use strict content security policies and guard against common OWASP attacks.
- Must have experience developing REST APIs with NodeJS 16+
- Familiar with working with a CI/CD pipeline such as GitLab
- Familiar with consuming onward REST APIs
- Must have experience developing for a Microservices infrastructure
- Continuous Integration using the central GitLab source control and CI Platform
- Must be able to develop APIs to meet the needs of the service, process and data
- Familiar with building APIs that will be consumed by Mobile Apps
- Experience with AWS Lambda (serverless functions) and AWS API gateway
- Familiar with deployment to AWS infrastructure