Network Engineer (Provisioning) - Permanent - £30,000 - £35,500- DAYS
Are you an experienced Network Engineer looking for an New Challenge? are you looking to join an Industry leading organization who can provide genuine opportunities for Development and progression? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you.
The role is part of a 24x7x365 shift team (this is a days role) and you will be responsible for the END-to-END activation (design, configuration, test, turn-up) of complex managed and unmanaged IP solutions across the EMEA region. You will design, test and deployment of Layer 2 and 3 customer Internet access solutions in existing and new markets/ European and transatlantic customer transport orders across the Global Network.
Key Skills (not all are essential)
- A minimum of CCNA; CCNP or CCIP preferred for IP Provisioner.
- Sound customer relationship management skills at all levels up to executive level.
- Sound communication skills
- Proven experience in a Telecommunications or related service industry
- Proven experience in delivering successful projects through virtual cross-functional teams as well as 3rd party contractors and external suppliers
- Has operated in an environment which required a detailed understanding of complex technologies
- Architecture and Design
- Acceptance into the Network, Transition To Live
- Integration (changing the network)
- Working in a Technical Environment
- Planning and Managing service delivery
- Process Management Experience of configuration and troubleshooting of customer services on a large IP network, for an Internet Service Provider or Telecommunications Operator and including the following :
- Extensive knowledge and experience of TCP/IP - IP Services Protocol Suite;
- BGP design and configuration skills, over a SONET/SDH transport layer / Ethernet
- Hands-on configuration experience of a wide range of Cisco and Juniper hardware, and associated operating systems;
- RIPE LIR policies and procedures;
- IPVPN/ MPLS configuration skills (RFC 2547, RSVP TE, Martini draft);
- Working knowledge of VPLS technology
- Experience of: IPv6, OSPF, NAT,OSI, rDNS delegation, layer 2 switching, spanning tree, vlans, hsrp.
- Working knowledge of remote configuration of probEs/NIDs
- If this role looks like the one for you please do not hesitate to contact me for more information.