Oracle/SQL DBA - Permanent - £35,000 - £40,000 - Sheffield - SQL Server 2012 and 2016, Oracle 10 onwards
Access Consulting are working with a Global Manufacturing organisation who are looking for an experienced Oracle/SQL DBA
Do you want to work for a Billion dollar organisation with offices all over there world? Do you want to be part of a company who are looking to revolutionise their industry making it more sustainable and green?
As the DBA you will act as the operational DBA for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. You will be involved in several medium scale deployments, operating on multiple sites using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016, both Standard and Enterprise edition, on Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016, management and support of Oracle 10 through to the latest version of Oracle 12.0 running in a Linux and Cloud environment.
- Working with the IT Business Systems Manager, proactively look for improvements to service and/or budget reductions.
- Design, implement and maintain an effective Database ecosystem to underpin the delivery of Business applications and operations as required.
- Ensure the design, build, and run of technology platforms delivered to both external and internal customers in an efficient manner while appropriately managing associated risks.
- Management and operations of all DBA platforms.
- Coordinate with other IT and business departments to modify patterns to improve reliability and cost efficiency of the platforms
- Capacity planning and software license compliance for all platforms deployed globally
- Ensure backups are configured, in-place, have a known Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and a known Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and are running effectively across all business systems that require a backup.
- Take part in the Change Control Boards where appropriate and ensure all changes are effective and minimize downtime for the business.
- Take part in Demand Boards where appropriate ensuring that demand is possible, cost effective, and can be delivered in the required timescales.
- Ensure that all systems (Servers, Storage, Networks etc.) have capacity management and monitoring in place to prevent SLA failures due to overcapacity issues.
- Takes part in security and audit actions as required, ensuring compliance with policies and legislation as required from time to time.
- Work with the Business Systems Manager and Service Manager and other teams to identify and report KPI's for introduction into Company reports.
- Accountable for supporting the Business Systems Manager for maintaining a Service Improvement Programme (SIP) ensuring that all incidents are investigated and satisfactorily resolved.
- Work with other departments and teams on problem solving where required and to completion
Solid and recent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Server 2012 and 2016) and the Standard and Enterprise Edition feature sets including:
- Transparent Data Encryption
- AlwaysOn/Availability Groups
- Log Shipping
- SQL Replication
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Stack
Preferred skills of the Database Administrator:
- Major SQL upgrades and minor patching
- Server migrations - Data Centre migrations
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Redgate SQL tools including SQL monitor
- Carbonite Double Take
Oracle 10 thru latest version including Cloud:
- Oracle RAC
- Data Guard
- Performance Tuning
- UNIX/Linux Operating Systems and network
- Database and OS Patching and Upgrades.
- Data Migrations and Data Replication (Oracle Goldengate).
If this role looks like the one for you and you would like to find out more, please apply with you cv.