Ruby on Rails Developer - Remote (Office is London based)
We're currently assisting a London based business in taking their applications to the next level. As a relatively small business, they're beginning to scale up aggressively, and predominantly in the technology team. We're seeking a mid-level Ruby Developer to come in and help them re-develop their entire application. This role can/will be fully remote, with travel to the office (expensed) only required once every 3-4 weeks.
The application is currently entirely in Ruby, but they want to re-develop it in C#. Your role will be essential in ensuring this is a seamless transition and will add the Ruby experience they need to see the project through. The business is keen to bringing in someone that is technology agnostic, and willing/able to retrain in C# .Net and stay with the business.
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward thinking business as they grow their unique offering. You'll no doubt end up being part of something much bigger in a fairly short period of time.
- Ruby on Rails - all development will be in Ruby on Rails thus strong skills in the Ruby language and the Rails environment are essential.
- C# - any existing experience in C# will be advantageous.
- Unit Testing - engineers are responsible for developing working code. Unit testing is an aspect of this and all engineers must show an ability to develop good unit tests
- Agile Development - the engineering team uses a Scrum based agile development approach.
- API development - A working knowledge of API development is desirable.
- Software architecture - Depending on seniority, a good knowledge of software design and architecture is required.
- SQL - A working knowledge of SQL is needed.
- Active Record - string knowledge of ActiveRecord and how to use it.
- Database modelling and design - Depending on seniority, a strong understanding of database modelling and design is desirable.
- Solid communication a team working skills.
Please send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.