Senior Infrastructure Engineer – 3rd Line – Work from home – 45/50K
I am looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (3rd Line) to join a growing organisation in Nottingham, You’ll be the Senior engineer maintaining IT platforms and networks including virtualisation, servers, storage, LAN, firewalls, telephony and wireless. You’ll also support the applications and hardware teams and lead the implementation of new solutions as part of a project team.
You will be working from home, with the odd meeting at the Nottingham Hub when required, so ideally within a commutable distance.
- Experience working as a senior platform or network engineer.
- Experience of Active Directory, Windows Server, VMWare and Storage.
- An understanding of network concepts including switching, VLANS, spanning tree, trunking and L3 routing protocols.
- Qualified to MCSA, CCNP level or equivalent.
- Experience in CISCO wireless, voice and firewall support and configuration. F5, Juniper firewalls and switches, CUCM and UCCX
- Experience using client management/monitoring/patch management tools.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting storage devices.
- An understanding of ITIL.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure quality 3rd line IT support is delivered as part of the IT Operations team.
- Deliver a robust and stable infrastructure which is well maintained.
- Perform auditing, monitoring, capacity management and security patching of our IT platform and network infrastructure.
- Lead the deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of new platform and network technologies including virtualisation, servers, storage, telephony and wireless.
- Maintain documentation, mentor colleagues and develop team members.
- Research into areas of technical interest.
- Drive operational excellence and maintain SLA to the business.
- Take part in a 24/7 on call rota.
Please drop me your CV for more information.