Senior Network Engineer - £45-£55k - London - Permanent - Global ISP
Access Consulting are working with a Global Telecoms organization who are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the team in their Technical Support Centre. This team operates 24/7 but this is not a shifts role.
The role will be responsible for providing owning and managing the technical support for the EMEA customer base.
The Support Centre supports a product portfolio consisting of Transport, IP and Ethernet technologies ensuring that all faults, planned work, activations and requests are carried out to comply with SLA's and internal processes
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the world's largest ISP's, work within Operations, covering all aspects for a technical support in several technologies. This role would suit an experienced hands-on engineer who is eager to get a first team leading experience within an ISP.
- The successful candidate will have an established background of working within a similar customer-facing Support role.
- Extensive experience of configuration and troubleshooting of customer services on a large network, for an Internet Service Provider, Telecommunications Operator, or in a similar challenging, hands-on environment.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of Implementation and operational issues demonstrated by a practical approach to technical problem solving.
- Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks.
- Support line management in ensuring that all the team is adequately trained in the appropriate technical detail to perform their function - This may include working with the Subject Matter experts to offer training as part of the implementation of new systems and upgrades.
- Receive and respond to customer service escalations by providing accurate status updates and the go forward plan of action resulting in a timely resolution to the escalation.
- IP technologies:
- Understanding of Tier I ISP, BGP traffic engineering, route-maps, prefix-list, peering issues, IPv6
- Routing registries (RIPE, ARIN, AFRINIC) and geolocation problems, DNS
- Security, DDOS attacks, IP hijacking and route-leaks
- Transport technologies :
- DWDM and SDH
- Dark Fibre
- Metro Ethernet 2.0
- Cisco 6509, 7609 ME3600, ASR9K
- Juniper MX960, PTX1000
- Nokia 7750, 7950
- Huawei 6800/3800/SLTE
- Infinera DTN/DTN-X
- Ciena 6110 HDE/6xxx/54xx Core Director
- Lucent DMX
If this role looks like it may be of interest and you would like to find out more please apply.