Service Desk Analyst - Mansfield - £18,000/£23,000 - Excellent Benefits.
Access are currently working with a Major Organization based out of Mansfield.
If you pride yourself on customer service and strive to provide a first time fix whenever possible. If you're the type of person that can communicate technical wizardry to non-technical muggles (yes that's a Harry Potter reference) in a clear and concise way. And...... if you like 27 days holiday plus bank holiday plus another 6 for fun... then this may be the role for you.
The serious bit:
The role is to provide first-line support for users and customers, giving advice and assistance with matters related to ICT and other services. Perform first-time fix on incidents where applicable and be the first point of contact for all matters related to tickets logged on the ICT Support Desk tool.
Support the ICT team, especially Service Management with the progression of change activities and any other work to provide ICT services to the company and its partners.
- Logging of all contact related to the provision of ICT services, for example incidents (faults), change requests and other ticket types using ITIL (the IT industry Service Management standard) best practice.
- Be the ICT first point of contact and the customer facing element of ICT and manage the tickets appropriately and depending on status - chasing resolver teams, routing calls intelligently and escalating where required. Give help / advice and follow-through on customer enquiries as appropriate, ensure that any issues and complaints are dealt with directly and politely.
- Manage general communication and notification of any service outages with the customers, by liaising with suppliers and colleagues in ICT. Gather the latest information and then communicate this back via email, Service Desk News items and in person. When talking to the customers, tailor your communications to ensure their understanding dependent on their knowledge of ICT or the services in question.
- Provide technical support, assistance, advice and fixes to customers. Support includes, but not limited to, providing assistance with user passwords, releasing blocked email, user mailbox assistance and troubleshooting by viewing the screen of the customer using ICT provided tools.
- Perform daily tasks, most of which are related to the monitoring of Inferis and generally ensure that items are progressing through the workflow and then the subsequent logging of any of these exceptions as an Incident to be dealt with as per the normal procedures.
- Ensure that the Service Desk is staffed during the support hours by working flexibly with colleagues within ICT to maintain cover as required.
- Where appropriate escalate any issues / concerns with ICT service or customer complaints to the Service Management team or line manager, to ensure the right level of awareness and that the issue can be managed appropriately for the company.
- Perform the role defined for the Service Desk in the management of any major outages (P1 / P2 incidents) as well as any BCP duties in the event of a DR situation.
- Production of reports to demonstrate the standard of ICT service delivery and measure performance against SLA's (Service Level Agreement), OLA's (Operational Level Agreement) and KPI's (Key Performance Indicators). To carry out regular Customer Surveys on selected tickets, following their closure on the ICT Service Desk Tool
- Maintain, co-author and review the support articles in the KMS (Knowledge Management System) within the Service Desk tool. Check and update the CMDB (Configuration Management Database) to ensure that asset / user information is always updated when dealing with customers, so hardware, software licenses and other information required for compliance are accurate.
- Maintain the Service Desk procedures, to ensure that support processes and incident handling guides etc. are recorded for easy reference and as an auditable record for procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the ICT team for tasks including booking of training, answering phones and taking messages, Wisdom DRA work, collecting post, update of anti-virus PC, collecting MFD meter readings and the update of transparency spreadsheet.
- Undertake any other reasonable activities as requested by your line manager.
If this role looks like the one for you please get in touch to find out more.