CONTRACT - Software Engineering Lead - Manchester - North - Public Sector - Outside IR35
I'm currently looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join a governmental organisation in the North West of England. The role will also require some travel across the region.
You will support the Head of Engineering to establish the Software Engineering capability within the Engineering Practice, and to recruit new engineering talent into the space.
- Support the Head of Engineering Practice to establish the Software Engineering community.
- Work with counterparts to build cross-community ways of working which support the organisation's aims to increase digital capability and assure the delivery of digital services.
- Work with counterparts to develop a deep understanding of customer needs both now and in the future to establish a longer-term view of service demand.
- Undertake effective knowledge transfer and handover to personnel at the end of the assignment.
- Demonstrable experience of forming and leading software engineering team in a digital environment.
- Collegiate in approach and able to build a vision and momentum for change.
- Familiar with professional services business models and associated business processes.
- Significant experience of managing the delivery of large-scale digital solutions in both Agile and Waterfall environments to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of coaching and leading self-organising teams in advanced Agile techniques.
- Able to demonstrate experience of challenging organisational processes to reduce complexity and optimise delivery flow.
- Extensive experience of leading and continuously improving large Software Engineering teams within a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good practical working knowledge of a broad range of technologies (open source and proprietary) used over the last 20 years.
- Extensive and deep experience of full stack system development.
- Able to communicate effectively with and understand software engineering practitioners.
- Able to build credible relationships at senior levels within a complex organisation.
- Experience of contributing to and influencing organisational transformation.
- Experience of technical services business development.
- Experience of working in Waterfall environments and understanding of constraints and requirements when working with or interfacing with legacy systems.
- Background in systems integration.
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies and tools, such as AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, Nexus, GitLab CI, Puppet, Red Hat, Centos, Checkmarx and Blackduck
- Recognised qualification in scum or scaled-agile techniques.
- A member of a relevant professional body.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.