System Administrator - Linux - Remote Working / Cambridgeshire - Private Sector
System Administrator - Linux
I'm currently looking or a Sys Admin for a leading provider of manufacturing, logistics and consultancy services. The group provides a wide range of business support services to different sectors.
I'm looking for talented individuals with some or all of the required skills/experiences. If you're interested in a challenging and rewarding job with the flexibility to work from home in the UK, this could be the role for you.
- Networking IPv4 and IPv6
- Linux administration and shell scripting (RH/Fedora/CentOS)
- Server hardware and data-centre installations (based on OpenStack)
- Webservers (httpd/apache2), Proxies (HAProxy and others)
- Puppetisation skills
- Open Stack administration and configuration
- Databases (Postgresql, MariaDB, legacy MSSql)
- Dev environment experience (version control systems - git preferred)
- ODOO/Jenkins/Docker/Icinga/Wordpress and other bespoke web application instances
- Understanding of open source solutions/technologies and capabilities.
- Ability to think big
- Attention to detail
- Python skills
- Embedded processors/Arduinos/electronics knowledge
- Project/Agile management skills
- Problem solving
You will be joining a remote scrum team dedicated to delivering quality products as defined by the product team and prioritised in the product backlog.
There is an option for remote or office-based working, or a combination of the two.
- Remote working, with an expectation to attend meetings at Cambridge office at least once every 2 weeks.
- Office based with a choice of locations between either Cambridge or Norwich office.
During your induction, you will be expected to be in the office and on site as needed for training purposes. During system launches, you may be required to be on site to assist with getting the system live and resolving typical teething problems. Any travel and accommodation expenses are covered.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.