3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Services Engineer / Nottingham / £45,000 - 50,000 per annum
Access IT Recruitment are working with a national law firm who are seeking a Technical Services Engineer to assist the IT Technical Manager in the day to day running of the organisations technical architecture. This includes maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting on NetApp, Citrix and VMWare technologies.
You will have the opportunity to work on numerous internal capital & infrastructure projects whilst acting as the primary escalation point for resolving customer incidents in line with agreed SLA's.
- To ensure the on-going operational efficiency of all aspects of the firms IT systems. Specifically relating to the MS technology stack as well as NetApp and VMware technologies
- Deputise for the IT Technical Manager when required to do so. This may include meeting attendance and occasionally other management responsibilities
- Identify trends to define proactive solutions and head off problems.
- Undertake the required subject matter expert role for both planning and implementing new initiatives.
- Skills/Knowledge transfer to other members of the team
- Responsible for the operation and integrity of the firm's data backup solutions and to ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Occasional travel to other sites will be required
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience of VMware VSphere 5 and NetApp SAN technologies
- Previous Legal Sector experience required
- Experience of Windows Server configuration and administration (2003/2008 R2).
- Experience of Active Directory domain administration.
- Experience of Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Ideally MCSE/MCITP accredited
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL processes and & experience of ITIL environments
- Some experience of technical team leadership
- Microsoft SCSM/SCOM/SCCM
- Sonicwall Firewall
- Microsoft NPS
- HP Procurve, HP Proliant Blade enclosures
- Powershell scripting
For a confidential discussion and further details on the role, please apply via the details provided.