CONTRACT - Agile Coach - Hertfrodshire - 6 Months - Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean
We are looking for an Agile Coach skilled in the cultural and behavioural principles & practices of Agile working.
You should have previous experience of helping teams transform and continually improve within a medium/large organisation
You will be proficient in the areas of Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc. - with the ability to articulate, justify and challenge the approaches used in the organisation.
You will be part of a team who will plan, shape and execute the Product Transition workstream of a large Programme of work that fundamentally changes the way the organisation works, taking them from vary basic agility - on a journey towards excellence.
The Agile Coach will play a key role in helping the Programme meet its objectives. This person will focus on the product development teams - including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimise employee resistance and maximise employee engagement.
- Help teams appreciate the depths of agile practices and principles
- A Coach to the team, and managers/individuals outside the team, to address the big organisational impediments that work against agile
- Help management & leaders at all levels of the organization to understand the benefits of working agile
- Bring the ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, meditation, and more, to help the team become a high-performance team - the way you always imagined a high-performance team could be.
- Regular coaching sessions with the individual team members, including the Product Owner, to help them on their agile journey, something that often goes on for a long time. By spending a lot of time with the teams we hope to grow a continuous improvement culture and to act as catalysts to speed up the team's development into a high performing team.
- Working with agile teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and the wider organisation to implement agile ways of working and develop a culture of agile mindset, experimentation and continual improvement.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of the Product Transition workstream (using emergent change techniques - not BDUF)
- Apply a skills framework and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of agile ways required by the Programme
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated change resistance
- Consult and coach teams and key individuals
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Support organisational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists and work streams on the Programme
- Manage stakeholders
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- To actively participate in the recruitment of permanent, contract and partner resources.
- To provide cultural and change management guidance across the lifetime of the programme.
This role will run for an initial 6 month period, but is likely to extend. Please send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.