Contract - Application Support Engineer - Web Services (Microsoft IIS and Apache/Tomcat, LAMP) - Nottingham, Edinburgh or London - 5 Months
I'm currently looking for an Application Support Engineer to work on a 5 month intial contract for a customer based in Nottingham, Edinburgh and London. You will be required to work in ONE of these locations. The web services contractor will support the Back Office Application Management team in the IT function during a service transition process.
You will be responsible for supporting the team by assisting with support tickets, platform maintenance and other operational support as required.
It is expected the candidate will have a very broad understanding of application dependencies, excellent all round troubleshooting skills for infrastructure and applications, including technical and non-technical dependencies.
As the IT function is spread over multiple locations, including India, you will be expected to communicate and collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
Standard hours, 9.00 - 17.30.
- Provide application management services to the business to assist their productivity
- Work with developers, project teams, business teams and vendors to provide guidance and assist in the deployment of applications and content
- Ability to collaborate, build and maintain relationships with relevant teams and functions
- Respond to service outages which affect the business' operation and reputation
- Maintain the performance, availability and security of applications and web services, with a focus on continuous service improvement
- Strong experience of web technologies, including Microsoft IIS and Apache/Tomcat, LAMP
- Excellent grasp of application and web architectures
- Windows Server Operating System administration experience
- Experience in load balancing technologies (F5), DNS, firewalls and VPNs
- Lotus Domino experience
- Experience of supporting public cloud, including Azure and AWS
- Experience of operating under a SCOM environment
- Sound understanding of the ITIL framework
Please send your most up to date CV for immediate consideration.