Application Support Engineer - Sheffield - £25,000-£35,000 - Java and SQL
Access Consulting are working with a world leader who specialise in the production of engineering software. My Client are currently looking for an Application Support Engineer to join their go too team for any and all software issues from across the globe.
Have you ever wanted to work for a leading organisation producing software for the Automotive, Aerospace and Defence Sectors? How about an organisation where there are no shackles for what you can and can't deal with? If you like the sound of this then this could be the company for you.
This is not your normal Application Support role, there is no set tiered structure to follow. If an issue comes through you have the freedom to resolve it. This role will cover many different areas including installation and support of software as well as investigating faults and potential defects. This is not a developer position but it will involve reading code for Java based web applications.
- A proven background in IT Systems support focusing on applications rather than underlying infrastructure, preferably of web-based applications. This should have been for at least two years.
- Working knowledge of Java
- Ability to write SQL queries and perform basic database operations
- Good general understanding of modern Windows based infrastructure and applications software
- Proven in a customer facing IT support role over email and phone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient nature and ability to deal with customers over the phone
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Ability to work well within a team
- Knowledge of the Oracle and / or MySQL databases.
- Knowledge of Windows and / or Linux administration.
- Foreign language skills would be advantageous. For example French or German.
- Experience with Salesforce or other similar CRM system.
- A degree in an Engineering or IT related discipline.