CONTRACT - Big Data Developer - Hadoop - South London - Public Sector - 12 Months
I'm currently looking for an experienced Big Data Developer to join part of the Government in South London. The role has been titled 'Big Data Architect', but I'm looking for someone more hands on and technical. Perhaps this may be your first or second Architect role.
- Technical leadership of the strategic Big Data store within the Digital Services
- Owns the software architecture
- Owns the software design, technical governance and product choice
- Represent the projects at the technical design authority.
- Ensure the design address all hosting, security and NFR requirements.
- Ensure the system is able to gain security accreditation.
- Oversee the integration of the output from the development teams for to production quality and the support of the live system.
- Technical point of authority and advocate of high quality, maintainable software and systems.
- Hands on system development and support
- Mentoring, coaching and guidance for teams.
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to give appropriate updates on progress and issues.
- Hadoop / HDFS
- HBase, Kafka, Kerberos
- Graph DBs
- Leading big data development teams
- Big data architecture design and analysis
- Real time data processing, Spark, Storm
- Java 8, Algorithms, Data Science, Systems Engineering
- Spring / Spring Boot and spring data rest
- Microservices architecture
- TDD and BDD (specifically Cucumber)
- Mentoring, code reviews to ensure quality, Clean Code
- Apache Camel, Knox, Ranger
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Ansible, Terraform
- JIRA / Confluence
I'm ideally looking for someone with previous Government, or Public Sector experience, although this is not essential. You must be willing and able to go through SC clearance, if you don't have this already.
This role will fall OUTSIDE of IR35.
Start date: ASAP
Length: 12 Months