CONTRACT - Data Engineer/Data Scientist - SQL, R, Big Data - London
I am currently looking for an experienced Data Engineer/Data Scientist for a piece of project work in London.
The project involves the implementation of analytics into a number of areas. You will need to develop machine learning algorithms to improve claimant journey and cost to serve. You will also need to extract features from datasets, and enrich data by joining datasets from multiple sources. Transform/manipulate data in various formats including JSON. You will act as the Data Science Expert for UC area and domain expert for all UC data. You will work with unstructured data such as free text in a variety of formats. Write code in a variety of languages: Spark, Python, R, SQL. Design and implement data visualisations using tools such as Shiny or visualisation tools like QlikSense or Business Objects.
- Deep knowledge and at 3-5 years' experience of using R and SQL
- Experience of data science tools and techniques
- 1 years' experience using Spark
- Past experience working with semi structured data in JSON format and other unstructured formats
- Experience of using big data platform technologies - Hadoop, Hive, Mongo,
- Ability to create models and use advanced analytics techniques such as regression modelling, decision trees, product recommendation engines, machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Ability to understand business benefits and turn complex business problems into manageable data science projects
- Experience of free text analytics
- Able to develop POC applications and present findings back to stakeholders
- Experience working with the government