CONTRACT - Data Migration Project Manager - Adabas, Natural, Software AG - South London - 12 Months
I'm currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to work on a Data Migration project for a governmental department in South London.
The consultant will ensure a smooth transition from source to target platform, managing trial runs, data reconciliation, data mapping, readiness assessments and informing the development of replacement services. Significant experience required in data architecture, data quality, Natural/Adabas and robust project management, able to manage business and technical aspects of migration.
The programme will replace legacy data systems. This shall ensure continuity of business services, and act as a platform for innovation to transform the way the organisation manages and supplies data services. The role requires a deep understanding of migration from a Natural/Adabas database mainframe environment. The consultant will oversee the data migration strategy, and document relevant business logic and rules in order to migrate to a new system.
- Recent experience of migrating data from an Adabas-based mainframe environment to a modern open system.
- Recent experience of data analysis, cleansing, mapping, data reconciliation, data resolution and warehousing.
- Recent experience of co-ordinating activities across various programme work streams to ensure an effective, efficient and joined up approach to data migration activities.
- Recent experience of defining the Data Migration Strategy and seeing it through to test, dry runs and live implementation.
- Experience of Software AG repliator.
- Experience of working with Natural to extract business rules.
- A deep understanding of migration - both of data and associated business logic, re-platforming and data readiness within public sector.
- Experience of Natural and SQL.
- A deep understanding of data and associated business logic, re-platforming and data readiness within public sector.
- Must be fully conversant in data migration and data profiling and data quality projects
- Working in an agile environment
- Hold current active SC Clearance
This role is to start as soon as possible, and will run for an initial 12 months. Please send your most up to date profile for immediate consideration.