Data Modeller / Greenfield Project / Milton Keynes /£65,000 - £80,000 per annum plus bonus + benefits
Access IT recruitment are working with a client who are going through an exciting period due to the development of a new company wide data capability framework.
They are forming two key foundation capabilities through the creation of two new teams: Metadata Management & Data Architecture which will allow them to really understand their data.
The organisations vision is to decentralise the metadata and to advise, mentor, guide, drive and ease the crowd-sourcing of this with accountability accepted by the company's domain users.
Working closely with the Head of Digital Data, this is a position for an experienced data modeller to play a key role in the setting up of a new Data Design function. Modelling data forms the heart of this role.
You will guide, advise, propose and govern the design of different data products so product teams can become self-reliant. You will have the ability to recognise, create, adopt and formalise standards, patterns and best practices around data architecture, helping product teams articulate their requirements into data models and governing/maintaining the resultant models.
The organisation are seeking a candidate who is passionate about data models with an ability to influence senior decision makers. You will adopt an attitude of continuous learning allowing the organisation to grow their Big Data Platform with the aim of creating the best designs for the future.
- A Strong understanding of the difference in the management and benefit of modelling at different layers of abstraction e.g. physical, logical, conceptual, contextual and canonical.
- A solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, designs and utilisation.
- Experience of modelling in big data platforms and the implementation considerations for physical modelling in different database technologies (relational, NoSql etc.).
- Certification and/or deep knowledge of at least one architecture framework e.g. TOGAF, Archimate, Zachman, DODAF etc. and how they can be implemented in practice.
- Experience in at least one data modelling tool e.g. Erwin, PowerDesigner, E/R Studio, Sparx
- Knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence (preferably Micro Strategy) and other ETL tools (Powercenter, Talend, Pentaho, Ab Initio or others).
This is an exciting time to join a large-scale transformation project through the application of new technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop and other open source technologies and the implementation of new methods of work.
The team are driven, agile and lean and work in a challenging, collaborative and dynamic environment. If you are an ambitious individual who wants their work to have a real impact then this could be the opportunity for you.
The organisation can offer a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme, generous pensions scheme, private medical insurance, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, access to on-site gyms, discounted gym memberships and retail discounts.
For a confidential discussion and further details on the role, please apply via the details provided