Data Scientist - £65k Plus Benifits - Sheffield
This is an exciting role for a technical leader with a strong background in Data Science. The successful candidate is expected to drive the ongoing work developing data analysis and signal processing methods.
- Research and development of data analysis and signal processing methods applied to Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and large-scale engineering data such as from vehicle networking systems, SCADA, etc.
- Integration of the new analysis methods with various database and "Big Data" management solutions, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, ASAM, etc.
- Contribute to other developments in the fields of vibration, dynamics, durability and reliability modelling
- Build relationships with academic and industrial partners
- Promote and champion the company's products through technical publications, seminars, customer meetings, etc.
The following are essential:
- Educated to PhD level
- Strong understanding of data analysis and signal processing
- Experience with database and "Big Data" solutions
- Experience/understanding of mechanical engineering systems and failure modes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Permission to work in the UK
- Willingness to do some international travel
The following are highly desirable:
- Experience of fault diagnosis and/or vehicle health and usage analysis
- Experience of signal processing analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Experience of system dynamics, vibration and structural analysis
- Experience of system reliability analysis
- Knowledge and experience of software development in C++, R, Matlab, Python, etc.
If this role looks like the one for you, please contact me ASAP!!