I am currently in the market seeking a Digital UX Designer to work on a 12 month contract based in the North West (Stockport).
Define elements on screen (layout, design patterns, controls, actions).
* Design for visual priorities on screen (such as what needs to be obvious, what needs to be easy, what needs to be made possible).
* Forming a close partnership with a user researcher and often a front end developer and a business analyst, for a given digital service.
* Producing just enough of a prototype to help the wider team learn about user needs for a given scenario or task. This could take the form of a rough sketch, a diagram, an interactive mock up or a coded prototype.
* Iterating prototypes based on research with users to validate or invalidate design assumptions, moving to working with real code as early as possible.
* Do rapid, light weight prototyping - sometimes working directly with front-end code.
* Support the work of our Digital Academy.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Significant experience in interaction and interface design for critical digital services.
* Experienced in designing for different screen sizes and input methods (e.g. touch, mouse and keystroke).
* Proven experience of working closely with user researchers and designing solutions using insights from research to influence, persuade and advise.
* Proven experience of working in agile teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Hands on experience of working/participating in technical teams in a complex environment.
* Flexible, innovative and frequently persuasive approach to problem solving.
* Degree/qualifications in a relevant field.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration