I am currently looking for a Functional Analyst to work on an initial 5 month contract based in Swindon. The role is to work for a major Public Sector Organisation so previous Public Sector experiance is a definite advantage. The role will also require SC Clearance so you must be willing to through this process.
Key tasks and deliverables
The HR and Payroll Functional Support team provide expert functional support for all the application components of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
This position is for an experienced hands-on Payroll Functional Analyst.
The role provides expert analysis and/or documentation for:
- System support, investigating and troubleshooting Incidents and Problems
- System changes, enhancements and developments
- Implementation of solutions into Production systems
- Documentation, testing and handover of solutions to relevant areas of Service Delivery and ISS
- Functional support and guidance for Payroll Service Delivery, particularly in terms of legislative system changes and Tax Year End
The systems include:
- Oracle E-Business Suite (HR, Finance, CRM, Payroll, Procurement, Projects and Grants)
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Supporting all controlled system instances (ie Production, UAT, Training and other relevant instances).
- Jointly responsible with all other support team members for data security and integrity and be pro-active in identifying opportunities to maximise benefits from applications.
- Lead investigation of system problems to determine type of problem and appropriate resolution
- Plan and deliver work, liaising with Technical analysts where appropriate to resolve system problems
- Provide expert advice on system functional use to other parties (e.g. Service Delivery and Training Team), focusing on Payroll
- Provide functional analysis/specifications for system changes, enhancements, system configuration changes
- Lead preparation of changes for the change process and handover to Service Delivery/Clients
- Build excellent relationships with Clients and ensure that the services delivered meet their business needs
- Ensure Service Desk is advised on progress of incident resolution
- Work with testing team to develop/maintain regression/UAT scripts
- Lead testing of system changes in Test and System instances
- Ability to handle working in a project environment and in line with service standards
- Ability to work in a structured manner and in line with operating standards such as those associated with configuration management
- Good listener and communicator
- Strong analytical skills for incident solving, problem solving, impact analysis etc
- Ability to work as part of a multi-skilled team
- Pro-active and ability to work without detailed supervision
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise effectively
- An aptitude for knowing when issues need escalating
- Capability to develop new skills quickly
- Ability to change and have a flexible approach to supporting multiple application functions
If this role is of interest please contact me asap as i have a deadline of 3pm 27/10