CONTRACT - Hadoop Operations Manager - Big Data - South London/Surrey - 12 Months - SC Clearance
I'm currently looking for an experienced Hadoop Operations Manager to work for a governmental organisation in South London.
Key tasks and deliverables
- Technical ownership of the strategic Big Data store within the Digital Services on the programme
- Hands on system development and support
- Managing the implementation of new features, problem investigation / diagnosis and resolution.
- Own the technical implementation design
- Supporting the system and technical decisions at design meetings
- Ensure the design address all hosting, security and NFR requirements
- Ensure the system is able to gain security accreditation
- Technical point of authority for Big Data implementations and advocate of high quality, maintainable software and systems
- Mentoring, coaching and guidance for teams
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to give appropriate updates on progress and issues
- Hadoop (Hortonworks HDP preferable)
- Platform Engineering and Production Support in a Linux platform
- Security Architecture (TLS, Kerberos, Knox, Ranger, Network Security)
- Experience managing Production environments
- Supporting Java-based software applications (ability to read Java stacktraces)
- Performance Tuning
This role will be to start as soon as possible, and for an initial 12 months. This role will fall OUTSIDE of IR35. If you are not already SC Cleared, you must be willing and able to go through this process (this may affect the start date).