ICT, Network, Security, Manager, Cisco, Checkpoint
I urgently require 1 candidate for an imeadiate start to be based in Manchester for 3 months (Extension very likely) , embarking on a major programme of change which includes a data centre migration, desktop refresh, WAN re-design and application rationalisation strategy. The ICT department is looking at enhancing its IT Security capability and seeking to recruit an ICT Network and Security Assistant Manager.
The role is to address growth in work anticipated for the Network & Security team around IT Security support and implementation. The role holder will manage and performance-tune IT Security systems and applications to ensure high levels of availability and security for the supported business applications. The role holder will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure IT Security provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Security qualification or accreditation preferred - CISMP being the minimum, but can be CISSP, CISM, CCP, CLAS, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.
- ITIL certifications beneficial.
- 5+ years direct experience administrating the direction, development, implementation and operation of IT Security solutions.
- Clearswift Mail Filter Management experience
- Review of configurations of Firewalls.
- Preferred technologies: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA
- Review of configurations of Web-filters.
- Preferred technologies: Smoothwall
- AV Management experience, preferably Kaspersky
- Understanding of PKI and SSL/TLS.
- Good Networking experience (preferably in a Cisco environment) to at least CCEnt level.
- ISO 27001 understanding
- Familiarity with NIST.
- Understanding and experience of at least one SIEM System
- Understanding and experience of Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Ability to take ownership of the Security Policies - creation and review
- Ability to take ownership of the Technical Standards - creation and review
- Ability to perform Investigations and Forensics
- Ability to provide Security Representation on Projects
- Understand and management of 3rd party Penetration Testing vendors
- Understand and management of 3rd Party Security Partners
- Ability to perform Threat Management and Vulnerability Assessments
The successful candidate will need to apply for a DBS if selected for an interview. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 27th April, please forward CV to be considerd.