We are looking to recruit an interim Technical Advisor for a period of 6 months to undertake skills transfer whilst also covering the undermentioned duties.
The scope of the work is as follows: -
- Report in appropriate form to ICT CIO monthly and when required to the wider governance committees.
- Liaison with internal managers/staff and external partners as appropriate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Contributing to business cases
- Regular attendance in Service Operations meetings
- Development of tools and systems to ensure ongoing success for ICT service management
- Review the Service Operations Function and propose improvement programme.
- Provide consulting support, guidance and development to Service Delivery Manager for Service Management for the duration of the secondment to Head of Service Operations.
- support to review Security function, develop tender documentation and set up an outsource arrangement;
- mentor each of the Service Operations Leadership team to ensure they meet their objectives providing advice and guidance as and when required;
- support and professional advice on all service operations tender processes;
- support and guidance and support on Service Level Agreement definition;
- support and guidance on the Transition to service process;
- support and advice on new and inflight infrastructure projects;
- support to define Service Operations optimum organisation structure and support movement to that structure;support to review how Applications support is provided and define optimum solution;support to Strategic business partners to ensure the client receive the required support and guidance from suppliers and monitor and evaluate vendor performance;support to strategic projects such as ITSM (Service Desk), Printing and Core Infrastructure renewal.
- mentoring of junior colleagues across the service
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate how they can meet the required standards required for this role, i.e.,
- the ability to work at the strategic and operational levels;
- experience of partnership working;
- experience of public sector;
- experience of implementing ITSM, ServiceNow and ITIL;
- analytical skills;
- practical change management experience;
- strong communication skills;
- motivational skills;
- understanding of data and technological solutions.
Monitoring of this work will be carried out through regular and direct meetings with the CIO.