Infrastructure Engineer / Field Service Engineer / Sheffield / £22,000 - 34,000 per annum + benefits + company vehicle
Access IT Recruitment are representing a leading IT & telecoms service provider who are looking for a customer focused Infrastructure Engineer.
As Field Service Engineer you will be part of a team that offers IT Support and professional services to existing and potential client base.
The position can be broken down into 3 parts;
- Scoping - Consulting with existing and potential client base to discuss the best solutions to meet their needs, costing & time-frames.
- Installing - Design & Implementation of new solutions
- Support - Troubleshoot client issues on-site & remotely, document all completed work, configurations and change. Keep field service software updated with developments at all times
The person / experience
- Project Implementation experience - installation of technologies, servers as a minimum with networking and storage a bonus
- Project scoping/consultation experience
- High level client interaction - excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8 & 10); and Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Have knowledge of Windows Server Environments and Active Directory including 2012 / 2016 Server
- Knowledge of network technology including LAN's & WAN's, Firewalls & switches
- Ability to carry out network / PC software & Hardware diagnostics verbally and / or remotely
- 12 months experience in similar role
- Managed Service Background desirable
- VMWare & Hyper-V knowledge
- Cisco switching/firewalls
- SAN technology including Nimble & EMC
- Remote Access Solutions - RDS & Citrix
For a confidential discussion & further information on the role, please apply via the details provided.