IT Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - £25,000 - £35,000 - Birmingham - Microsoft, O365, Windows Server
Access Consulting are working with a Global Manufacturing organisation who are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer
Do you want to work for a Billion dollar organisation with offices all over there world? Do you want to be part of a company who are looking to revolutionise their industry making it more sustainable and green?
This role would suit someone who is forward thinking and open minded. Someone who will embrace change and different ways of working. This role is not just about technical ability as strong people skills are essential. Building relationships with colleagues across other areas of the business is crucial.
- Experience of Microsoft products.
- General IT support with an appreciation of end to end process and infrastructure involved in a company using enterprise IT.
- Exposure to an IT service desk or IT support team with demonstrable and successful outcomes.
- Experience of IT service management and support.
- Troubleshooting of back office infrastructure such as Active Directory and Email (exchange, O365).
- Ability to plan and manage software upgrades and migrations from older platforms.
- AS400 / iSeries - checking logs and alerts; resolving basic issues; organizing DR tests of back up tapes, liaising with hardware maintenance provider.
- Ability to assist in ensuring all IT related legislation and licensing laws are adhered to.
- Ability to assess and evaluate new products that may be of use, or enhance the business systems.
- Maintain local site IT budgets and cost centers.
- Third party supplier management and monitoring of services delivered.
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, priority setting and analytical thoroughness.
- Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Experience managing and delivering technical projects.
- Customer focused, business priority driven.
- Maintains policies, procedures and standards.
- Strong & confident communicator, both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Demonstrable mix of skills, including technical ability with a high level of innovative thinking.
- Familiar with IT system auditing and accountability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology, including network and telecommunications, security, and IT best practices (ITIL).
- Project Management skills and experience.
If this role looks like the one for you, what are you waiting for, please contact me straight away for more details.