IT Infrastructure Manager - £46,000 - £54,000 + Benefits - Central London
IT Infrastructure Manager required to work for an NHS organisation based in Central London. You will be responsible for ensuring the operational integrity of infrastructure and associated services within the organisation. The role will be a mix of hands on technical engineering (80%) and IT management (20%).
- Provide operational infrastructure consulting expertise, direction and assistance to IT infrastructure engineers and associated technical management.
- Management and development of day-to-day 2nd/3rd line capability of IT Infrastructure and its personnel including those focusing on the following specialities - networking, telephony, data centre and client device technologies.
- Develop service and operational competence around current on premise and future cloud computing services.
- To facilitate the adoption of new technologies and services
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of trust's existing IT architecture / infrastructure and technology portfolio developing operational monitoring as required
- Provide technical leadership and escalation support across all associated IT technical teams.
- Manage service improvement programmes, capacity, availability and performance against service requirements.
- Manage service support and delivery, incident/problem management, knowledge base and asset records across the infrastructure portfolio
- Management of the central IT facilities including the datacentres and networking cabinets
Skills / Experience required;
- Experience of developing and implementing strong IT performance management systems (KPI's) against clear business objectives.
- Significant experience of IPVPN environment, procurement, installation and managing
- Experience of managing contractors/contracts with IT 3rd parties
- Experience of developing IT policies and procedures.
- Experience of implementing change and delivery of IT projects
- Experience of IT Infrastructure technologies like storage area networks (SAN), WAN acceleration devices, virtualization, and data warehouse
- Significant experience of Unified Communications environment, procurement, installation and managing
- Significant experience of working in a high pressure enterprise scale server and storage environment managing in excess of 150 servers.
Please apply ASAP for further information