IT Project Manager - Sheffield - £55,000 - £65,000 - Permananet
Access Consulting have a great opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to join the team at one of the country's largest manufacturing organizations. You will be working for a truly global organization who are leaders in their field.
Phase one of a major ERP migration has been completed. The next phase of the project is to modernize the companies supply chain and manufacturing processes linking them to the new ERP system. The programme as a whole will take the form of several business initiatives as part of a wider Business Transformation Programme.
- Accountable for the successful delivery for the transformation of business processes into the new ERP system.
- Working with consultants, assist in evaluating and recommending changes to current and future systems to meet organisational needs.
- To develop plans, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress of tasks and work packages, whilst ensuring the project/departments meet the deadline set and adhering to budgets.
- Creates and maintains the IT project plan, ensuring it is up to date and feeds into the overall transformation plan.
- Acts as the escalation point for the business, ensuring any issues and problems are identified and worked through to resolution.
- To provides regular progress updates to the steering board.
- Leads the IT Steering board meetings and maintains minutes and actions.
- Have a Prince 2 project management qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing processes and systems. (Beneficial)
- Knowledge of configure, price, quote processes and systems.
- Knowledge of risk management and risk assessment methodologies.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing vertical with demonstrable experience of delivering business initiatives to time and to budget. (Beneficial)
- Knowledge and experience of identifying, assessing, recording and controlling risk using a RAID log. You must have the ability to handle unexpected situations and resolve without fuss.
- Is able to manage a team via a matrix management approach, ensuring tasks and work packages are delivered to time and budget across a complex delivery environment
- Is competent in using Microsoft Project including task creation, resource utilisation, base lining etc.
If this role looks like it could be the role for you please get in contact to find out more.