IT Support Engineer - Mansfield - £20,000-£22,000 - Permanent
Access Recruitment are working with a well know and respected organisation who are looking for a IT Support Engineer.
Do you pride yourself on providing the best customer service? Are you looking for a role where you are not held back and have access to the whole IT estate? If you are then this could be the role for you.
The primary responsibility of the IT Support Analyst is to handle calls to the IT Support Desk, providing support by answering queries over the telephone, via email and face to face.
You will take ownership of all calls and problems reported to you, ensuring they are resolved within SLAs and escalated where necessary.
Other day to day duties include proactive system checks, Active Directory and server administration, account maintenance and system documentation. There will also be plenty of opportunities to assist in project work which often involves implementing bleeding edge new technologies.
Essential experience & skills
- University Graduate or 2+ years in a Windows support / helpdesk role
- Thorough understanding of Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Office 2013 / Office 365
- Basic understanding of Networks (TCP\IP, WAN, LAN, ADSL, VPN)
- Show a keen desire to learn new technologies
- Natural problem solver
- Desirable experience and skills (Not essential but beneficial to your application)
- Experience administering Active Directory / File Systems
- SQL query writing against Oracle or MS SQL databases
- Reporting Services/SQL Server Integration Services
- Programming knowledge
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange 2013, SCOM, SCCM, SCSM…
- Troubleshooting Cisco switches, routers & access points remotely
- Citrix Xenapp 7.6 support or Remote Desktop Services 2008/2012
- SharePoint Exposure
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2
- PowerShell exposure
The hours this role covers are 7am to 11pm with some weekend work (1in4) and some on call. If this role looks like the one for you please click apply to find out more.