CONTRACT - Java Developer - Wales - 6-12 Months - Java 8 - Public Sector
I'm currently looking for a number of experienced Java Developers for a large project in Wales.
The team in question needs IT Specialists to work in assisting with the development of new and transformational services which provide services to partners and citizens. The specialist will work on the implementation of the solution which may include elements of design and testing in an Agile environment. They will provide expert experience in building solutions which will be deployed in Cloud or server-less environments using RESTful webservices that conform to the Service Manual and store data in a variety of stores, both SQL and no-SQL.
- Proven expert knowledge of the Java programming language to Java 8
- Demonstrable experience of building RESTful webservices
- Experience working on projects using open source technology within cloud hosted/virtualised environments; AWS preferred
- Experience of working with Cloud PaaS services; AWS preferred
- Experience working with version control systems; Git preferred
- Experience of working within Agile development environments
- Experience of interacting with both SQL and no-SQL data stores
- Experience of working at significant scale
Nice to have
- Experience of Drop Wizard
- Experience of Node.js and Python for building serverless applications
- Experience of CQRS/ES implementation patterns
I'm ideally looking for people with current SC Clearance, or that hold a DBS certificate. If neither of these, you must be willing and able to have a DBS check done.
This role is to start no later than early October, and for an initial period of 6 months; likely extending to 12. This role falls INSIDE of IR35, so you must also be willing and able to go through and umbrella company.
Rate: £500-£560pd (inside IR35)