Lead Data Developer - SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, ETL - Stoke-on-Trent - Permanent Role
I'm currently looking for a Lead Data Developer to join an industry leading firm based in Stoke-on-Trent.
Due to their continuing growth plans and to support the Group's strategy, the Data department are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Data Developer to steer the technical development of the company's data platforms. As the Lead Data Developer, and reporting to the Head of Data you will provide robust data to the organisation's MI reporting, contact centre systems and internal and external data feeds.
- Lead on the technical development of data platform assets and processes to ensure business applications and services have robust up to date data. This will be through the delivery of ETL processes from core trading platforms and third party systems and data feeds.
- Ensure all data developments and processes are secure and robust, with all data protected and documented at all times.
- Review and test all developments to check for known vulnerabilities before deployment into production.
- Ensure optimal performance of data processing platforms, including code optimisation and capacity management etc.
- Lead in the definition of data dictionaries and models, ensuring these are robust and maintained on a regular basis.
- Introduce robust / modern development lifecycle toolsets and methods of delivery, as well as test automation, where by the business can move to a "Continuous Delivery" approach.
- Build and hold relationships with third party service provides in the configuration and maintenance of the corporate data environments, including Ms Azure hosted platforms.
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry developments and innovations along with encouraging, supporting and coaching other team members in their own development.
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Good prior experience as a lead Data Developer or Development DBA, using SQL Server (latest versions) - T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS.
- Solid ETL experience in a lead / managerial capacity.
- A high degree of commercial / operational awareness of data coupled with experience of working in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Solid up to date knowledge and experience of technology and methods in the data space.
- Experience of Cyber / Information / Data Security risks and how to ensure databases and systems delivered are highly secure.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical matters in a non-complex way.
- The ability to extract requirements from business stakeholders.
- Pro-activeness and self-motivated with the proven ability to drive results.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
This opportunity will also give you the opportunity to work with other tools such as Cognos, Easysoft, Alteryx and Tableau.
This role comes with an excellent benefits package.
Please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.