CONTRACT - Lead DevOps Engineer - 2 Years
I'm currently looking for a Lead DevOps engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security and containerisation. Scripting languages include Bash and Ruby/Python. You'll be responsible for coordinating and directing effective deployment of engineers into critical delivery projects.
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
- Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment (Haproxy/Nginx load-balancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6.
- Participate in the on call rota
- Work on containerisation of the services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, Mysql)
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
- Deep experience (5 years +) in Tech stack: Linux, AWS, SDK, Puppet, Shell/Bash, Ruby/Python, Web Servers (NGINX), Logstash/Kibana/ELK
- Deep experience (5 yrs +) in Networking, security and encryption (TCP/IP, LoadBalancing, DNS, Firewalls, SSL/TLS, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
- Databases (Mongo, Postgres or alternative)
- Continuous integration for developing applications (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Artifactory or alternative tools)
- Track record of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
- Experience of Her Majesty's Passport Office systems
- Deploying Kubernetes
This role falls OUTSIDE of IR35. I'm looking for someone with current SC Clearance.