Lead DevOps Engineer
12 months with optional further period of up to 12 months depending on business need & performance.
DevOps engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security, containerisation.
Scripting languages Bash+Ruby/Python.
Coordinating and directing effective deployment of engineers into critical delivery projects
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
- Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment (Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6.
- Participate in the oncall rota
- Work on containerisation of the services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, Mysql)
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
- Production experience in Linux environment: Linux Dev Ops/Sysadmin expert level (8yrs+), AWS, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, Puppet/Hierra (5yrs+), Development Bash/Shell +one higher-level scripting language (Ruby/Python/Perl or other 5 yrs), ELK stack (3yrs +1 project implementation
- Production experience in Networking: TCP/IP advanced (5yrs+), Firewalls advanced (5yrs+) SSL/TLS for encryption in transit advanced/expert (5yrs). Load Balancing: Haproxy, Nginx advanced/expert (5yrs+), DNS management advance/expert (5yrs)
- Production experience of managing Databases: Postgres up to DBA expert level (4yrs+) and any 2 out of Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ System Admin level (2yrs+)
- Live Project CI/CD Administration: Jenkins (5 yrs+), GIT (3yrs+), Artifactory or similar system advanced/ expert level (3yrs+), Docker/Vagant advance/expert level (3yrs+), Working in agile teams facilitating CI/CD pipeline (5yrs+).
- Track record of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
- Leadership experience: 3+ years leading a team of Dev Ops. A minimum of 2 examples of leading design and delivery of migration projects or platform build projects.