Lead Software Engineer / QA Lead Engineer / Sheffield
Access IT Recruitment are working with a client who are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to form part of the organisations Software Engineering department which is responsible for developing and maintaining applications which support the companies ability to sell to it's customers.
This position could suit a candidate with previous line management experience or it could be an ideal opportunity for a strong Software Engineer / QA Engineer to make the next step and gain management experience.
From day to day you could be involved in daily stand-ups, providing high level estimates for future projects, identifying and resolving risks to current projects, ad-hoc coaching to a team member & 121's.
Your aim is to ensure that the team have everything in place to produce requirements, design solutions, write code and test to a high quality.
- Worked on a variety of software projects and wide experience of software delivery models
- PHP or Java experience or both
- Strong knowledge of software engineer best practices
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Ability and willingness to challenge others effectively and to have difficult conversations
- Desirable skills include experience of leading a team and managing others performance although this is not essential. Candidates wanting to make the next step into a team leadership role will be considered
For a confidential discussion and further details on the opportunity, please apply via the details provided