I am currently looking for a Monitoring and Support Specialist to work on a 3-4 month contract based in Staines. The role is to work for an award winning organisation which has achieved year on year growth since inception.
- Working with technology Subject Matter Experts in designing, assessing and implementing monitoring and reporting solutions for a range of infrastructure technologies.
- Evaluating platform and application monitoring tools
- Evaluating new technologies and devising new monitoring approaches
- Working with our integration team to integrate monitoring into our service management platform
- Documenting the monitoring solutions and developing operational management guides
- Developing reports to support the capacity management process
- Working with our Automation and Integration to integrate new tools into our existing OSS platform, and with our Service Monitoring and Reporting Team to integrate into current processes where applicable
- Proven experience designing and implementing monitoring solutions across a range of technologies
- Ability to independently research and evaluate monitoring solutions
- Experience working in a highly dynamic, virtualised environment.
- Understanding of key monitoring and alerting approaches, e.g. APIs, log file monitoring, database querying, SNMP etc
- Experience of any of the following technologies an advantage:
- VMWare infrastructure
- VMWare vROPS
- Cisco ACI
- NetIQ AppManager
If this role sounds of interest please contact me ASAP.