Network & Security Engineer / Team Leader
In the Market seeking a Network & Security Specialist, someone who has the team leader/management experience. You will provide backup & support tot he service delivery manager for Networks, Telephony & Security.
The role holder will provide people and technical management for the three technical areas and allow the Service Delivery Manager to take a more focused view on the future of the service. The role holder will participate in the planning and implementation of new technical services as well as management of existing solutions. This is a senior technical role and the role holder will be expected to provide 3rd and 4th line support for the current service platforms. In addition there will be a requirement to liaise with managed service providers.
- Provide management and general technical support to the three technical areas that make up the department. They are Telephony, Networks and Security.
- Assist in ensuring that the technical activities needed for service maintenance are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide representation on the change control board for the three technical areas
- Provide guidance for the people working within the teams
- Provide technical leadership to the people working in those three areas.
- Manage expectations of business units when approached
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfil service level agreements with key stakeholders regarding the three technical services and their associated availability, configuration and management.
- Review and provide assistance on service patches and software updates according to best practices.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems appliances and servers.
- Support the Project Team and Solutions Architects in developing and implementing future IT Network, Telephony and Security deployments.
Education / Certifications
- Extensive team leadership or management experience in complex environments
- Minimum of Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of VoIP (Voice over IP) telephony services preferably Avaya
- A good understanding of Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewall solutions
- Extensive experience of Web and Email Filtering solutions
- ITIL certification would be desirable
- Strong organisational skills
- Process driven
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Able to research application issues and products
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- 5+ years direct experience administrating the direction, development, implementation and operation of IT solutions.
- Cisco Switch, Router and ASA firewall experience
- Avaya Blue experience would be beneficial
- Clearswift Mail Filter Management experience
- Review of configurations of Firewalls.
- Preferred technologies: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA
- Review of configurations of Web-filters.
- Preferred technologies: Smoothwall
- Understanding of PKI and SSL/TLS.
- ISO 27001 understanding
- Managed Service experience would be beneficialDesirable
- ITIL v3 foundation
- Knowledge of software quality assurance best practices.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Networks and ISO 27001 standards. Network & Security Engineer / Team Leader