I am currently looking for a Network Engineer to work on a permanent role based in Hull. The role is to work for dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation with ties to both public and private sector.
- Manage fixed and wireless networks throughout the UK
- Manage maintenance and upgrades on the networks
- Monitor performance and track up-time to ensure service levels are met
- Troubleshoot network hardware, software applications, telephone and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Assist in the design and planning of new networks
Essential Skill Set
- Posses a detailed understanding of switching topologies - STP, RSTP, VLAN and Q in Q
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of BGP and OSPF
- Have experience with MPLS technologies including VRF and VPLS
- Show a working knowledge of PPP, AAA and RADIUS
- Brocade or Cisco experience and/or qualifications
- The ability to take technical concepts and explain them to non technical people
- Be comfortable working non standard hours as part of a shift pattern/rota
- Communicate effectively as part of a specialised team
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me immediatly and i will let you know more.