Network Engineer - £35k - £40k + 10% Bonus + Career Progression + Benefits
I am currently looking for a 2nd line Network Engineer to work for a global MSP based in Basingstoke. I am looking for someone whi is customer focussed and dedicated to go that etra mile. My Client is committed to rewarding their emplyees by offering genuine avanues for career progression.
Skills Needed for this role are:
- Requires an advanced understanding of IP networking specifically Cisco and Juniper.
- Experience working on Data/IP networks completing 1st/2nd level diagnostics across multiple technologies and Vendors preferred.
- Security clearance maybe required in certain circumstances.
- Job role will involve participation in a 24x7x365 shift pattern
- Ability to train and mentor lesser experienced members of the team.
- Good communication skills with ability to converse technical information to all audiences.
- Good organisational skills with ability to work within defined service level agreements and effectively multi-task.
- Advanced 2nd line technical competency level that spans all Data related technologies.
- Proactive attitude with an ability to take ownership of issues.
- Willingness and ability to train Service Desk staff on technical, functional and procedural items.
- Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 2nd line support level through proactive alarm management and technically escalated Service Desk faults.. Monitor and action the Clarify incident queues on a daily basis in a timely and professional manner. Take ownership of complex investigations and work closely with 3rd line Technical Support.
- Management of all Data Services NOC queues including incident allocation and technical validations/reviews
- Management of technically escalated issues that may require hands-on management of 3rd party vendor activities and customer liaison.
- Monitoring network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks and identification of activities that present risk to the live networks. Action and resolve using the correct processes and procedures.
- Provide operational assistance to all areas of Network Operations, mentor and train members of the NOC and Service Desk.
If this role has sparked your interest please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.