Network Provisioning Engineer - Basingstoke - £40,000p.a. + Bonus + Benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Network Provisioning Engineer to work for an enterprise scale IT & Telecommunications organisation based in Basingstoke. In this role you will be responsible for the accurate and timely placement of all 3rd party access circuits with approved EU off-net providers.
- Ensure ownership of each customer order by actively managing all inter-departmental interfaces
- Manage customer orders to meet or exceed internal metrics
- Ensure the veracity of customer service designs by completing standard testing including both in-house network elements and third party leased components.
- Identify chronic failures and implement relevant service improvement plans to ensure a long term resolution of these failures.
- Produce and verify customer service designs during order implementation. These designs will encapsulate both in-house network elements in addition to third party leased components.
- Validate customer service design information within the provisioning/order entry databases, and initiate improvement and implementation plans for legacy customer service designs to maximise available network capacity and drive down expenditure on third party leased networks.
Skills / Experience required;
- Ideally Cisco certified (CCNA/CCNP/CCIP) IP Provisioner. or equivalent experience
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills at all levels up to executive level.
- Proven experience in a Telecommunications industry
- Proven experience in delivering successful projects through virtual cross-functional teams as well as 3rd party contractors and external suppliers
- Process Management Experience of configuration and troubleshooting of customer services on a large IP network
- Technical skills include;
- TCP/IP - IP Services Protocol Suite;
- BGP design and configuration skills, over a SONET/SDH transport layer / Ethernet
- Hands-on configuration experience of a wide range of Cisco and Juniper hardware, and associated operating systems;
- RIPE LIR policies and procedures;
- IPVPN/ MPLS configuration skills (RFC 2547, RSVP TE, Martini draft);
- Working knowledge of VPLS technology
- Experience of: IPv6, OSPF, NAT,OSI, rDNS delegation, layer 2 switching, spanning tree, vlans, hsrp.
- Working knowledge of remote configuration of probs/NIDs
If this is of interest please apply for an initial conversation